Advantages and Disadvantages of an AR
Regulatory Hosting – Incubator – ESG and SRI Screening
Advantages of an Appointed Representative
- Able to do Marketing in your own name, build track record and contact investors directly.
- Appointed Representative (“AR”) “borrows” some of Finex LLP (“Finex”) regulatory permissions as an authorised firm or member.
- AR application process take weeks, no minimum capital requirement.
- Monitoring plan, compliance policies, procedures and governance, all provided by Finex and included in the price.
- Significant reduction in price, ability to halt activities with little overhang in weeks not months.
Disadvantages of an Appointed Representative
- Need to comply with regulators rules.
- Finex needs full access for oversight.
- AR cannot manage investments directly, AR staff Seconded to Finex.